The Government has issued guidance on managing Coronavirus in educational settings. We have been advised that in order to stop this, or any other virus, from spreading, good hygiene measures are essential. This includes:
- Handwashing before leaving for school, and on arrival at school
- Handwashing on arrival home
- Handwashing after break times
- Handwashing before eating
- Using tissues to cough and sneeze and then binning
In school we have antibacterial hand wash at all classroom sinks and liquid soap in all dispensers in toilets. We ask all children to wash their hands when they arrive at school, before their lunch and after visiting the toilets. We also have antibacterial hand sanitiser and tissues available in all teaching areas.
The guidance can be read in full at:
If you have visited any areas in specified countries including areas of Northern Italy, the advice is to self-isolate for 14 days. We request that you notify school if you are self-isolating due to Coronavirus.